|
|
|
|
|
Sunday, February 6, 2011
"I know the world looks good when everything is stuffed into neat little boxes, covered in shiny wrapping paper, and tied with big, crisp bows (I like the Pottery Barn holiday spreads as much as the next person). The problem is that, despite our desire to stuff ourselves and the people around us in those convenient compartments, I've never met anyone who really fits in one neat box. We're all more complex than that. Plus, the gifts – joy, gratitude, hope, love, resilience, grace – are inside those boxes. We’ve got to rip off all of that stuff to get inside. Unwrapping, ripping, and untying lots of seemingly mismatched boxes is a big mess. A big, wild, authentic, wonderful mess." - No wonder C.S Lewis said that "to love is to be vulnerable". (: Self questioning, identifying fears & "problem", talk to God, overcome it, take joy and wala, then being vulnerable again and again. Work & Singapore, people & relationship, serving & equipping, me & little me & big me, sometimes a bigger picture of politics, society and the world. I do that all the time. Used to think that it's a bad cycle and why am I so weak, but I grew and I think that pretty much, maybe life is about... Just being an overcomer and knowing it's okay to be vulnerable. The world we live it doesn't allow that too much, isn't it? We just don't talk about it anymore. We avoid, we hide and we just.. don't talk about it. But I believe Daddy would allow us to do so in His sight. Just like little children wounded their knees, bleed, crying and running to daddy's arms. Telling him million words of stories, longing for a hug and hush, saying "it's okay, don't be afraid, I'm here.." And that's just so beautiful. (: Just like how all is sum out with just a cross. It speaks victory, redemption, grace and life. Need to learn not to "give up" but "give out" even more.. And while dealing with touching people, changing lives, I hope mine would change too. Less despair, more hope. Less discouragement, more passion. Made new each day! WOOSH! - 3 Idiots is pretty inspiring. "OLLIS VELL" |
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home