|
|
|
|
|
Sunday, November 14, 2010
I love this morning. Thank you Daddy and Uncle Azmi (: Initially wanted to go to daddy's work place to shoot those temporary home of foreign workers for my photography project. Ended up daddy asked uncle Azmi to bring me to his Malay kampung. That was what I wanted, to shoot Malay kampung and I thought maybe a rundown foreign worker house would be easier for me to access duh. It's kinda awkward because they kept showing me nice Malay houses (exterior) and just parked at the road side and wait for this little girl here to take photo! =p I wanted to shoot more of the interior, homey feeling. More of a connection or relationship between family, the house and surroundings. I just told uncle Azmi to drop me at his in-law's house and so we can visit his family too. The old pak cik and mak cik are so adorable. (I shall not show you guys any photos of my actual project yet. I will TADAHH you all one day! =p) Just wandered around and it's full of surprises. Many nice people I've met and awesome shots! There's this Mak Cik next door so cute, told me I could take shots of her house and grandchildren. Then she asked all her do-re-mi-fa-soo and many many grandchildren to come out as my model and these cute little kids showed me their man made swing on the tree. (AHH! The ideal swing I always dream of having in my future dream house!) I really love the Malays. I think there is something very special about them like they're always very polite, clean and friendly. Especially the kampung people, very real and genuine. It's so hard nowadays to meet people who don't have an agenda but just truly being nice to you out of kindness. And something so special in Malaysia that I love is that I think people and life here are much simpler. Maybe there's so much that our country could and should fix, but home is always home you see. Discard the politics, discard the social stigma and all these, there's unity and this love here within different races, it's unspoken, unseen often I think. Maybe people often just see the bad but not the good, the hole not the donut that kinda thing. I wonder how life is back then during the 60's, like you have Ali, Muthu and Ah Ming living together, playing soccer and climb that coconut trees. And Ah Ming falls in love with Mei Ling, Muthu has his own cow, Ali has a farm that kinda life. Like love just exists without any propaganda or reminder, it just happens so naturally. I wonder too how life would be now and in the future. We always say the world would be a better place, people are connected better. Well, how better is better and is better what we want? So much food for thoughts. I pray God would open up my eyes and to search myself in Him deeper constantly. I think I always have a soft spot for something I really love and hope this doesn't die along the way until I'm old. Let these pair of eyes to see beyond, these hands to love and care and these feet to be led to wherever You want it to be. Do you remember those carefree days when we're young and simple? |
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home